Do You need to make changes to your Property Deed in Fulton County? Here is What You need to do.

As a resident of Fulton County, Georgia, you can make changes to the existing deed of your property in a very simple way. Although you may easily choose to hire an attorney to assist you with the process, doing this yourself may be a good alternative.

Here are the 3 Steps needed to make changes to your Property Deed:

Step 1: Obtain a Warranty Deed or Quit Claim Deed

You can obtain a Warranty Deed/Quit Claim Deed from any office supply store or you can Google the document online for a sample form. Please keep in mind the document needs to list the property address, legal description, Grantor (s), Grantee (s), must be original with signatures, and be Witnessed and Notarized.

Step 2: Fill out Form PT-61 Online at

For detailed help and instructions on filling out this form online, please visit

Step 3: Go to Your Nearest Fulton County Clerk of Superior and Magistrate Court office

Take the original deed document and printed PT-61 to either:

Lewis R. Slaton Courthouse
136 Pryor Street C155
Atlanta GA 30303

North Service Center
7741 Roswell Road 253
Atlanta, GA 30350

South Service Center
5600 Stonewall Tell Road
Room 219B
College Park, GA 30049

These simple steps will help any property owner in Fulton County needing to make ownership changes to their existing property deed.

Do you have any questions or comments? Please let me know!


This information and post has been written to provide additional information to Fulton County, Georgia residents and property owners. This information is not legal advice. The information available on this website is for informational purposes only for U.S. consumers and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. For legal advice, please consult a local attorney in your area.

About Erika Lewis

REALTOR® & Real Estate Professional in Atlanta. Looking to Buy or Sell in Atlanta? Contact me Today! [email protected] Relocating? Allow me to connect you with a Top REALTOR®/Real Estate Agent in your local market.