Nextdoor is a private Social Network for neighborhoods and communities. In order to join this network, you would need to receive an invitation from an already existing neighbor or by simply signing up and receiving a mailed verification at your home address. Through their site, you can sign up to have an account or download their mobile app to access the network.
Why use NextDoor? Why join another Social Network site?
Here are 5 reasons to join Nextdoor today:
- Nextdoor is the best way to stay in the know about what’s going on in your neighborhood—whether it’s finding a last-minute babysitter, learning about an upcoming block party, getting feedback or recommendations on local businesses, lost pets, wildlife animal sightings or hearing about a rash of car break-ins.
- Nextdoor is also available for Public Agencies. This means you can get immediate alerts any time your local city posts an update on community events, resident public input sessions and any other news affecting local residents.
- This neighborhood network has proven to be useful with over 99,000 neighborhoods across the country currently participating.
- As a home renter or home owner, this network will become useful as you engage with other home renters or home owners in your community. This will become a top source of information for research and/or finding out what truly goes on in your neighborhood from people near you!
- Just like any other social network, Nextdoor offers a timeline of updates posted by your neighbors with a reply/comment and “Thank” option for engagement. Being able to send a private message to a neighbor is also one of their options.
I hope you find this post helpful and use Nextdoor as a resourceful social networking tool.
Did you sign up? Let me know what you think!
Have questions or comments? Let me know!